Get to Know the Characters From The Incredibles 2!
Excited for The Incredibles 2? We sure are. It's release date is June 15, 2018, so you have a month to re-watch the first movie, or watch it for the first time if you’ve never seen it and be completely prepared for the newest release.
It has been 14 years since the original movie was released, so there is a good chance some of you or your little ones haven’t seen it yet. The first Incredibles movie made a huge impact at the box office as it made over six times its budget! ($633 million to be exact). Did you also know it won two Academy Awards, an Annie Award (an award for accomplishments in animation) and a Hugo Award (an award for achievements in science fiction or fantasy works).
Now you have a few cool facts about the original, let's get to the most important part - getting to know the Incredibles family and some of their friends! As we mentioned, it’s been fourteen years since the first movie came out, so we don't blame you for not remembering, but don’t worry; there will not be a quiz at the end of this post.
- Bob Parr is Mr. Incredible (voiced by Craig T. Nelson). He’s a 40 something year old father of the Parr family. He’s kind, friendly, and extremely heroic. He has the classical hero power of mega-strength, limited invulnerability which allows him to withstand physical pain, and danger sense. He attempts to avoid using his powers and works for a corrupt insurance company. He constantly day dreams about his golden hero days when he felt needed and useful.
- Helen Parr is Elastigirl (voiced by Holly Hunter). She is Bob's wife and the mother of the Parr children. Her super powers give her the ability to stretch her body like rubber. She can stretch any limb to 30 meters, and can mold it to several shapes and sizes. Helen had an independent feminist attitude before she was married but once she had to give up being a hero, she decided to settle down and take on the role of a home maker. (Spoiler Alert) In the upcoming film, her and Bob switch roles as he becomes a stay at home dad while she gets a super job.
- Violet Parr (voiced by Sarah Vowell) is the eldest child and only daughter of the Parr family. She can become invisible and generate a force field (and usually creates this force field to protect herself and her family). She is first portrayed as the regular awkward moody teenager but due to certain situations she's forced out of her shell. How does she change? Well, we're trying to keep this kind of spoiler free so watch the movie to find out.
- Dashiell Robert Parr is Dash (now voiced by Huck Milner, previously voiced by Spencer Fox). He is the second/middle child. His super power, if his name hasn’t given it away, is super-speed and a high dexterity. He's so quick, he can even run on water! He's young, cocky, reckless, loves to pull off pranks, and single minded.This ten year old becomes more empathetic and protective as he tries to save his family.
- Jack-Jack is the youngest child of the family. He is one but that doesn't prevent him from an immense list of powers. He can float, shape shift, teleport, shoot lasers, and a few others. He had a short film called "Jack-Jack Attack" that shows him using his powers. Because he is still very young, he does not have full control or the full capability of his powers. So villains of the future, beware.
- Lucius Best is Frozone (voiced by Samuel L Jackson). He is Bob's best friend. He has the ability manipulate water molecules by turning them into ice. If he's dehydrated, he cannot use his power. His boots have special soles that can change form to create a snow board or disks. Even if you haven't watched the movie, you've seen the meme - "Where is my super suit?" (it's his favorite and most popular line).
- Edna Mode (voiced by Brad Bird- who is also the director of these films) is the textile enginer for super heroes. Think she’s just a fashion designer? Her textile (clothing) knowledge allows her to make suits that are capable of working with each Super’s ability and helps them withstand serious damage like explosions and flame throwers. But, of course that doesn't mean that the costumes will be made without any style. Edna also serves as comic relief for the audience and she never lets any antics from anyone affect her.
- Rick Dicker (voiced by Jonathan Banks) was part of the NSA, National Supers Agency, during the hero age. After heroes were forced to retire, he was part of a new government agency that helps Supers relocate, take on new identities, and become average civilians.
If you just can't wait for the movie, check out the teaser trailer:
What are you most excited to see in the newest film? Let us know in the comments below!
Leave a comment